Thursday 7 April 2016

Tangerine, Melon and Daffodils

It is my turn to host the challenges at CAS Colours & Sketches and I enjoyed choosing colours and designing sketches with Spring in mind. My first week was inspired by the flowers in the garden, lots of yellows and oranges, with the daffodils, and pinks from the primulas and tulips, the hardest part was only being able to choose 3!





When it came to making my card no green was a challenge, but in order to be chosen for top picks only the three colours maybe used.

I used the acetate block print technique to add the colours and then stamped the image, from Simply Sketched,  in the matching ink



It needed a long, narrow card base for this design to look its best. I added the birthday sentiment from the same stamp set and a Melon Mambo mat to add a pop of colour.


Love the arty look of this card, which still manages to hold onto a CAS style with the lack of 
 Embellishments and the use of white space.


6 comments:

  1. Louise, this card is gorgeous! Love the tone on tone stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning trio of flowers and I love these colours, great pick Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love these colours and your card is just beautiful. Love the watercolour effect and the flowers on top. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the watercolor-y look of the background. Great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louise - love the arty look and the way that you let your card elements dictate the card size. I always forget that I can make any size card I like. Thanks for the reminder. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be late to comment Louise. I love this card! Gorgeous layout and use of the colours. Just gorgeous. Caro x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx