Wednesday 27 April 2016

A Horse, A Horse....

New challenge at The Male Room this morning and I was quite excited about this one...so much to choose from. You will know, unless you have been hiding in a cave, that it was the 400 year anniversary of Shakespeare's death last weekend. Love his work or not he is still a huge influence in our lives if you are an English speaker as so many of his phrases are in daily use. I wasn't a fan until I started to see his plays, mostly in The Globe in London, a recreated Shakespearian theatre which is an absolute must-see if you are there. Now I try to go as often as possible. They are equally good in his home town of Stratford, which is much closer for me.
So, what to do? I went for a well known line from Richard III, "A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"  But, if you look carefully you might see "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!" From McBeth!


I wanted a good background for my galloping horses, and went for brayering. I am still very much an amateur at this technique but I watched a great YouTube clip which helped, the link is 
here 

After brayering the sand and sea/sky using Indigo Ink, Baja Breeze and Hello Honey and Crushed Curry I stamped the horse image in Early Expresso multiple times? The hardest decision was where to place the sentiment. Using a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig meant that I could look at it in several positions, I finally settled on the mid-page. 

My card is tent-fold and is quite big, A5 size. It will be for my Dad. To finish off I used a black mat and foam pads to give the image a lift off the front of the card, it was in danger of being just a little too flat.
I hope you enjoy the Shakespear theme, there really is so much you can do with it!





4 comments:

  1. You card is very pretty. Like a herd of horses

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brayer efforts so far are not pretty so I'll watch that vidoe thanks. This looks great, especially with the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Brilliant! I guessed that was the quote you used for inspiration. I think the herd of horses is wonderful on that fabulous background. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote choice and your galloping horses on the sand is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx