Thursday 11 February 2016

Love Is In The Air

I have one more Valentine card to share with you. This is also for CAS Colours & Sketches but this time it is based on a sketch. Look at this, isn't it a super CAS design...

I looked around for a colour challenge to help me and found this luscious combo over at The Colour Q, I think my 'inner beader' was attracted by the photo.


I die cut the 'love in a white card mat and used the matt gold behind the card. Then I searched for a range of hearts, stamps and punches- as you can see my range was not very extensive!



I stamped oome heart in Pink Pirouette (it is so pale!) onto the card and then stamped other hearts onto scrap pieces, which I then fussy cut out. I chose the ones I like the best


I punched out a heart from the palest pink card stock but couldn't match the Melon Mambo ink, so I ran the ink pad over a small piece of white card and punched the tiny heart out of that.






I like CAS cards with no edge when the white layer is popped up on foam pads, which is what I've done here. For a finishing touch I die cut the word you from the same Matt gold card and stuck it inside. 
There are a few Valentine challenges around so I'm going to pop my card into the challenge at 


I hope you have a lovely weekend, whether or not you're celebrating Valentines Day. This year my hubby and I are planning a romantic get away for the night, with dinner, at a hotel in The Netherlands, as part of a family visit....feeling just a little bit spoiled already.

9 comments:

  1. I love it! All those different hearts, that gorgeous font. Perfect. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Louise, I love this card so much! Such a fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love these hot colours - very similar to our challenge last week. And I love cards where the top layer is popped up on pads too, always looks so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have interpreted the sketch and the colours are beautiful too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pleased to see that Colour Q have chosen very similar colours to ours last week, didn't realise that I was so 'on trend' lol! I love how you've used these warm colours in such a delicate way. Have a great weekend. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the color showing through the die-cut sentiment! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Love the dimension you created.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Louise - really great card, I love the different hearts, I think you have a large enough range! Hope you and Tom had a great evening away. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx