Wednesday 17 February 2016

Back To Nature

ive called my post back to nature because I rediscovered an old stamp set of mine, Nature Walk. Haven't used it in ages, but today I need a masculine card for The Male Room and I always thought it made great cards for men. The challenge is keep your card monochromatic



I used shades of brown, specifically Kraft, which I used for the card base, and Chocolate Chip, which I used for the images.


For clean and simple cards I really like the feel of abstract colouring you get by stamping an image over a lock of colour


I used Chocoale Chip cardstock for a minimal border


And my final touch was a single feather stamped on the inside corner


I have to admit this was a 5 minute card, but sometimes that's just what you need. I certainly enjoyed revisiting an old favourite stamp set and teaming it up with a new one for a whole new look.

2 comments:

  1. I love your take on monochromatic! These neutrals are perfect with that lovely image of the bird. Love the tone-on-tone effect on the card base too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this effect, stamping over a block of colour, must remember to try that one as it's perfect for CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx