Thursday 19 November 2015

Icicles from Grunge

I'm still hosting at CAS Colours & Sketches and today I've chosen a colour combo which I have used for some contemporary Christmas cards. I've got two variations to show you, both are CAS of course but first let me show you the colours

I saw a card that used this stamp from Gorgeous Grunge and it reminded me of icicles, especially stamped and embossed in metallic silver. I added a peel off sentiment and used cardstock to add the colours


This is a tent fold card and you can see a sprinkling of silver stars.


Whilst I like card number 1 in real life, it looks a little 'heavy' in the photo so I had a go at the same design but stamped on white card, just adding the colours in the mats. This time the sentiment is stamped and its from Holiday Home


Instead of the peel off stars this card has a few strategically placed silver rhinestones to add the Christmas twinkle.


3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous - what a great idea for icicles - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB colour combo & lovely modern CAS Christmas card. Hugs Bev (GD) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the clever use of the grunge stamp for icicles! Nice job on both cards! Your first one is a great example of how "white space" on a CAS card does not literally need to be white in color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx