Thursday 29 October 2015

Petal Power

It's the double challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches today and I have a birthday card to share with you. For this challenge you must use the sketch AND the colours given. I must say I do like this combination.

I rotated the sketch, which is allowed, of course, and moved the sentiment over, but I think you can still see the basic sketch in my card. I used a stamp set that I haven't used in forever! It's called Paisley Petals, and I've probably only used it a couple of times before.




I stamped the large bloom image three times onto Wisteria Wonder card (it looks a little pink here, but it definitely is pale purple) using the Rose Red ink and fussy cut them out.


 You can see one of the flowers is popped up on foam pads to add a little dimension to my card. The bold sentiment is one of my favourites from the set Happiest Birthday Wishes.


The card used for the layer is Razzleberry ( actually the closest match I have, it's OK to use ink or card which is not Stampin Up, we just use the names for reference, as long as it's close)
 I'm scheduling this post as today we are heading off to London for a couple of days to see a show and visit some museums, and mooch around. A late birthday celebration.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you like the double combo Louise. Super DT card; the sentiment is stunning and deserves to take centre stage. Stef x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Louise and that mixed up sentiment is a real favourite of mine. Have a wonderful time in noisy, vibrant, so alive London!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cheery blossoms are sure to brighten someone's day! Hope you've been having a fabby time in London!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx