Thursday 8 October 2015

Christmas is coming!

Oh yes it is! So I thought it was time to turn my thoughts to making sure I have enough cards for family and friends. It was the sketch, over at CAS Colours & Sketches which got me started.


Perfect for a card with  Christmas gift tags, although some of my teamies had other ideas- and jolly good they are too, so do hop on over to the challenge blog and have a look, if you haven't done so already


I've gone with a classy white and silver theme. I stamped the Merry from Seasonally Scattered in Versamark before heat embossing in silver. Then I cut it out in a tag shape. The plain one below didn't look quite right so I embossed it with my Mosaic background folder.


I added a swirl of silver stranded twine and a gorgeous bit of bling in the form of a sparkly brad (always room for a bit of bling on a Christmas card, I say).  You can see the details better in this next photo.


There is also a silver glitter card mat with just the smallest edge showing. 
I'm told there are less than twelve weeks until the big day so I guess you'll be seeing a few more cards on my blog in the coming weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Classy was the word that jumped into my head when I first glimpsed your card, so pleased that's what you were thinking! Love the monotones, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white and silver is such an elegant color combo! Using the embossing folder on the background tag was a smart move - it adds definition to the tag without detracting from the lovely snowflakey sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a 'classy' from me too Louise! I absolutely adore your take on my sketch - gorgeous. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx