Thursday 17 September 2015

Spooky As A Tree

Happy Thursday to you all! On Thursdays I post my DT card for the newchallenge at CaS Colours &Sketches and today I have a colour challenge card for you.

This time I used the colours to create a small scene which, centred on a white card blank. Lovely As A Tree was sat on my table, I just LOVE this stamp. It was my first SU set and it's timeless, versatile and stamps perfectly every time.





This time I've created a background by swiping the ink pads over white card stock. This gives a great effect, different every time you do it, and the new juicy ink pads work so well. I cut the part of the image I wanted to use and then added the bats.The dark stamping of the trees, bats and sentiment has all been in Chocolate Chip. To keep it CAS I did not use a colour mat, just adhered the scene to the card blank. The tiny sentiment also allows lots of white space.



Can you spot the Wild Wasabi? Probably not, as I used Certain Celery, but any light green will be fine for the challenge, and mine is hidden by an over swiping of the Lost Lagoon. This allows the foreground to appear different from the sky. Take a closer look..



I promise you it is there, but it was too light on its own for a night scene. the little bats and the greeting are from Holiday Home. I really like it when you can take an essentially non-CAS technique and make it clean and simple by your design. This is probably only the third Halloween card I've made,like ever, but it is my favourite, I probably overstating it but  it feels like art!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely art, needs to go in a frame. Fabulous background, so brave to use the colours to create a scene, awesome effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, your nighttime scene is awesome! You did a super job with the background - it's the perfect setting for the bare trees surrounded by bats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooo, really spooky! Your little scene looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely wooded scene Louise. A few minimal changes and you would have a series of cards for completely different occasions. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx