Thursday 30 July 2015

Butterflies And Grunge

Five weeks in July means that it's the double challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches. I've scheduled this post since I am on holiday this week with my other half, at the coast in Morocco, but I had fun with this one before I left, such a classic CAaS design


I don't very often use butterflies, not sure why, but this time I went all out, using a couple of stamp sets, Papillon Potpourri and Backyard Basics, to which I added Gorgeous Grunge and Pennant Parade. As you can see I have turned the sketch and used a square card blank and I moved the sentiment to the banner. I was going to add a sentiment in the bottom corner but it looked too busy, I guess because my butterflies and grunge are larger than the sketch suggests.


A close up shows that the one banner is stamped whilst the other was stamped and cut out before being popped up on foam pads. I have to confess that my green, ink and mat, are Gumball Green, not Wild Wasabi as I don't own the latter, but I think it matches the challenge close enough, after all we don't insist on Stampin Up colours at all, 

2 comments:

  1. Great idea to rotate the sketch and I'm loving the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought to use navy and green for butterflies but they look lovely here! Super job, Louise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx