Thursday 11 June 2015

Kinda Bokeh

Flying a bit close to the wind today, just found a little time this morning before work to make my card for the challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. It is a sketch week and here is the sketch, designed by fellow DT member, Lizy and very clean and simple
I've seen a few cards, using a bokeh technique, where you blend your ink on the card and then, using the negative of some punched circles sponge white ink through the holes. I wanted to try it out. I also found these gorgeous colours at The Colour Throwdown and thought I'd give them a whirl


So this is the result. I've used Kinda Eclectic for the tone on tone stamping


I also used a piece of Adventure Bound DP for the grey, and so proving to myself that it can also be used for feminine cards. The layering and vertical stripe were simply made from matching card stock. It took a little longer than I anticipated for this card to come together but as I'm going to also enter a couple of challenges I am not complaining.


4 comments:

  1. Great bokeh effect on your squares, really must give this a go myself. And the tone on tone is so beautifully subtle, another thing to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I've been thinking about a bokeh experiment for some time now - got as far as buying the white ink! You've spurred me on now, seeing this lovely set of panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried bokeh with white ink before, but it looks great! I've only seen it done as second and third generation stamping. Nice job, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really wouldn't know it was your first try at Bokeh. Lovely card Louise with an unusual colour combo. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx