Wednesday 27 May 2015

Monochromatic Marty

Sorry, I've not been around for two or three weeks due to a family bereavement but I am back now with a card for the new challenge starting today at The Male Room, where we would like to see cards made for guys which include washi tape.


I've not been papercrafting at all since I last blogged and today was the first time I felt like getting something going. I first started with a huge clear out of my cafting stash. Two charity bags and one very large bin liner bag of rubbish later I was ready to make a card.


As you can see I've kept it very monochromatic, using the zebra print washi tape as my starting point. the zebra image is from a set called Zoo Review ( don't use this as often as I should) and the sentiment is from Delightful Dozen.



On these two photos you can see the zebra panel is raised to give a bit of dimension. It's not obvious but the washi tape is shiny and so there is a bit of texture interest too.


I chose Fathers' Day as my sentiment as its only just around the corner and I know some people who will be asking for Fathers' Day cards (my children and my husband!)
If you are wondering about the title of this post Marty is the zebra character in the animated film Madagascar, a family favourite here in the Van Vuren household.

Well, I'm posting this bit a little later in the day, I decided to make another card in the same style, with washi tape.


This time I used the bird from Nature Walk and the thin let dies Hello You. I used the die to create a negative for the sentiment, I lost the infill for the h though, doh! 


I gave the bird a small black pearl for his beady eye


As you can see I made this card a tent fold. It's definitely a card for a guy


5 comments:

  1. Love that zebra washi and the whole card is so striking with its monochromatic colours. Nothing like having a clear out to get the mojo going again, not to mention rediscovering loads of neglected stash. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white...stunning! Love that tape, one I haven't seen before. Your bird is pretty sweet aswell, great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise - both these cards are just brilliant. I love the zebra card, fun image and super Washi too. The monochromatic colours schemes are just perfect. Always good to have a clear out (must do it soon).

    So glad you're back xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you matched up the washi to the stamp! That is so cool! I am gonna have to "steal" that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx