Thursday 28 May 2015

Adventure Bound Birthday

Back up to speed now with my second card this week, this time for the sketch challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches. I've had a couple of weeks off, but I have seen the challenges and all the fab CAS cards you all have been making. This week we have a great sketch to play with




I recently bought the DP set Adventure Bound, specifically to make cards for men for my other DT challenge blog, The Male a Room, but I thought it would work well with this sketch. Having had a quick look on the internet I took some inspiration from there and....


This is one whole sheet of the DP, isn't it fab? I added the Happy sentiment cut out using the Hello You thinlet die and instead of a banner I,ve used twine, twisted three times. The Bithday part of the sentiment is from Best Dad Ever and is stamped on vellum which I have torn and secured with a small brad. Layered onto Kraft my card is finished.


Two more views.


The second card, made using the sketch and the same DP set follows the sketch a little more closely. I started by stamping and heat embossing the sentiment from Big Day onto a different piece of DP


I made the banner using the set Happy Congratulations and as the twine was still on the table I added a couple of bits at the end to carry the bunting off the edge slightly. After stamping and punching out the lanterns I added a touch of Dazzling Details to add a shimmer effect on them and used foam pads to add dimension.






3 comments:

  1. Two super cards. Love the pebble paper and neat twist on the banner on the first card. Great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the designer papers you've used are perfect for masculine cards. You have two super ones here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your two quite different interpretations of my sketch Louise. I've really enjoyed my first month as hostess. Thanks for all your support. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx