Saturday 25 April 2015

Triple Time with three stamp sets

It's Saturday again, that's a nice feeling! I've had such a busy week, I've been away from home for work, for the first time I think since having my children! I've really enjoyed a few nights in a lovely hotel, with colleagues, learning new and very useful skills, but I'm afraid it's put my crafting on the back burner. Just had time last evening to make my last hostess card for April for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and, like many things when you are rushing, it took me a few goes to get it right. I've chosen to finish with a technique


This is definitely a technique I love to do. I have used heat embossing this time, and combined three stamp sets, definitely not all Christmas ones! I have kept to a two colour palette: Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow


I have used the sunburst from Kinda Eclectic, and images from  Ornamental Pine and a touch of Gorgeous Grunge. There are a few gems dotted around and I've popped the ornament up on foam pads. I used more Blackberry Bliss card stock for the mats. I have offset the three layers, you can do so many layouts




It had to be quick, I was so tired after the training course, hope it doesn't show in my card!

9 comments:

  1. love the layout and the beautiful sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise - I think this is fabulous. I love the colours you've used and the mixture of stamp sets. Love the sunburst in the background and that sentiment is just fab. I know you said it was rushed, but it doesn't look it. Great work xxx

    PS So sorry, I jumped the gun on Friday xxx Hope you have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the card design with the sentiment too.
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Louise. I love how you've combined the stamp sets - the embossed star burst looks amazing. Great colour combo too. Thanks for another great challenge. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'adore Louise, elle est superbe, je n'ai pas pensé à utiliser l'embossage et c'est une réussite, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great color combo here Louise, and the embossed starburst is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Louise! I love that colour combo. Thanks for the fab challenges! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this card. Love the design and that star burst is a beautiful touch. Your card does not look rushed at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx