Saturday 4 April 2015

Scrap Paper Card

As I mentioned on Thursday I am hosting a couple of challenges for which I am on the DT and this card is for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown. A few posts ago I had a lot of fun using up some scraps of paper on a card in a paper blocking technique so I decided to see if I could design a sketch to reflect that style and, with a little help from my much more computer savvy DT friends this is what I came up with


I used some scraps from a set of Christmas papers, so ensuring they all matched was not a problem. Kraft, white and red is a favourite colour combo for me. The arrangement of the papers is perhaps the most time consuming part of making this card. Once you have done that it's up to you what embellishments or sentiment you wish to add. I chose red twine and a small glittery bird


You can see the dimension I achieved by using a square of white card stock popped up on foam pads on which to mat the paper shapes. The twine and bird add texture too.



6 comments:

  1. I love this card, Louise! The patterned kraft papers look wonderful together and I love the cute bird, April Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the twine and the glittery bird - beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe combo de couleurs Louise, l'ensemble est parfait, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real challenge from you this week Louise, and I love your take on it. Great idea to pop some up on dimensionals, and I love your colour scheme too. Thanks for a great challenge. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kraft, red, and white color combo is always a winner. Thanks for the challenging but fun sketch - it's been neat seeing all the different ways the DT and participants are interpreting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise - I had such fun with this sketch. I think the papers you've used are gorgeous - kraft, white and red are a classic combination. Nice bit of dimension and sparkle too! Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx