Thursday 9 April 2015

Flowers in Art

Today I have a card to share with you based on a sketch which I chose for CAS Colours & Sketches, ...actually I have two cards. This is the sketch, kind of a classic layout for a clean and simple style

For the first card I used Simply Sketched stamp set, along with Work Of Art and Gorgeous Grunge. This is the one I made for CAS colours & Sketches. It didn't start off as a sympathy card, but the black border just kind of made me think that it would make a good one, although I hope I don't need one anytime soon. I moved the sentiment off centre and used Rose Red and Mossy Meadow inks, both stamped off twice before stamping over the image, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the position of the colour just right.



I then saw the colour palette from Cupcake Inspirations and decided that with a little tweak of a cream coloured card base I could make a similar card for the challenge over there.


This time I used Best Of Flowers for the hydranger bloom and the sentiment from Work Of Art as it seemed to fit better. To keep in with the art theme I only used the watercolour swoosh from the same set to colour my image.


 
This time the stamping off gets lighter across the panel, I like that graded effect, and I used a raspberry colour mat for the flower panel.

Both cards are tent fold


5 comments:

  1. Vary arty cards Louise. I love them both but especially the DT one for CC&S. Loving your colours and sketches so far this month. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so pretty! I like the way you brought the colors in with Work of Art stamp set. Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.
    -Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..so beautiful
    thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty floral cards! I especially like the softer color scheme of the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sketch for this week's challenge Louise. Love how you've repeated the same stamp and used flowers instead of circles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx