Saturday 7 March 2015

Kinda Eclectic Christmas

It's a busy old weekend for me as our County Swimming Championships gat under way and my youngest is performing in the orchestra for his school production of Disneys Beauty and The Beast (have to admit I'm a little bit excited about seeing it ...LOL) I just have time to post a card that I made for the challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown. We have a new hostess for March, Gill. She's getting us off to a cracking start with this sketch..



I set myself another challenge too, to use my new stamp set Kinda Eclectic to make a Christmas card. I just think this set is so versatile and I wanted to try it out


I was a bit stuck on my colour scheme until someone mentioned Blackberry Bliss and Kraft, I just added in some metallic gold. The label was cut out at a workshop, I have no idea what it's called, only that it is from Stampin Up. I layered it to add depth, after stamping the sunburst in Versamark and heat embossing with gold powder. This rich colour scheme would be suitable for a male friend or relative so I'm going to enter the challenge at Completely Christmas this week.


The horizontal panel is also stamped fre Kinda Eclectic and heat embossed. Finally, I added an ancient sentiment, also heat embossed (you could be forgiven for thinking that this was a technique challenge!) and a few stars fell out of a bag when I was searching for an embellishment and I thought 'they look good like that'
 My card was finished and actually I would have to say that it looks better in real life. I am obviously not a very good photographer! Hope you get chance to try your hand at creating a Christmas card for this challenge. Now, I'm off to watch some swimming!



8 comments:

  1. Louise - I think this is stunning! I love the warm, rich colours and the kinda eclectic look :) Great take on the sketch.

    Hope the weekend goes well and that you enjoy the show! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. superbe Louise, elle a un look très moderne et les couleurs sont magnifiques, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the offset label - great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the colours - they look fab together. Another beautiful card from you Louise. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear. If your sentiment stamp is "ancient", then the one I used for my card must be a fossil! ROFL! ;) I think yours is classic. Pairing it with the modern starburst image breathes new life into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a clever use of Kinda Eclectic, Louise. I love this card! April Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colors. . Love your take on the sketch.
    Julie t

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 53 with your lovely crafting - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx