Wednesday 25 February 2015

Its Your Day

Good morning crafters. I am off to indulge in one of my other craft hobbies this morning, beading. To be more accurate I'm off shopping for beads and calling in to see my daughter, who is away at University, so a top day for me. Just have time to quickly post my card for CAS Colours & Sketches and today we have a sketch challenge for you.


I used my stamps to create the panel, from Work Of Art, just love these stamps


I had a little help with the colour scheme fromThe ColourQ team
and I want to thank the team there for choosing my Valentines card as a Colour Q Courtier, I was really chuffed.


I used a very simple silhouette stamp from an old, long-retired set, added a punched butterfly in matching cardstock and a banner from Decorate A Daisy.



I love the clean, crisp white space, enhance by popping up the whole card front on foam tape. I've noticed how other crafters have done this, rather than matting onto coloured cardstock and I think it gives a great CAS feel to a card.

5 comments:

  1. I like your idea how you used the sketch and the color combo
    so adorable Louise and love the butterfly too
    where do you life?Would you like being my Blogland friend and visiting each other if we have time...I love if you like to encouraging me too...
    Love your cards
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. The simple silhouette against the colorful swashes is so eye-catching! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you simplified the sketch by stamping the swooshy stamp to create the "square panel" element. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful composition and colours on the lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous...fabulous use of this weeks colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx