Saturday 28 February 2015

Cars and Christmas Trees

Saturday again! And so here is this week's stash challenge from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.




Using markers is an interesting one for me. I love the colours and shades you get in markers, mine are Promarkers but I know there's a huge range out there. My problem is my lack of artistic talent. The rules for shading and adding highlights escape me, I can no more look at something and see where the light hits it and where the shadows fall than I can see through walls! Therefore, you talented colourers out there will always get a sincere comment from me when I say 'beautifully coloured' I am in awe of your artistic ability. May be all I need are a few lessons but until then my use of marker
S will be minimal.
After all that, here is my card, made a while ago but never blogged before


I used the set White Christmas. It's great for whimsical little cards like this one. 


You can see that the cars are popped up on foam pads. I stamped the cars and trees as one and then fussy cut them out. I think the red car also adds a pop of colour to the chilly blues and greys. I have stayed the falling snow and the trees and then add.ed a brush of colour to the cold sky. 
Hope you can see that you don't have to be a colouring whizz to use markers, I think 'colouring in' is something we never grow out of, it's fun and easy. 

6 comments:

  1. What a great winter scene Louise! I LOVE your row of little cars w/trees on top. Your coloring looks just great to me :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with your coloring and it's a fab card. You're right it's fun and too many worry they're not doing it right or well, instead of just enjoying it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Brings back lots of childhood memories.
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your little cars are just so cute. Such a lovely post - and you should know there is nothing wrong with your colouring. Love this card and the dimension is super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've cut out the cars and popped them up! Your card turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours you've chosen for this fabby Christmas scene. Love how you've added the pop of colour and dimension to the cars. Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx