Thursday 30 October 2014

Pine Cone Wreath

You may not have realised but there are actually 5 Thursday's in October this year and that means an extra challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches- when this happens we do 'The Double' and give you a sketch and a colour combination to use.

These colours wouldn't ordinarily scream 'Christmas!' At me but that's what I chose to do with them (probably because I just got my hands on the new Ornamental Pine stamp set from SU.)


I stamped the wreath using the three colours and threaded Chocolate Chip ribbon through the centre by cutting slits in the middle of the image. I used a corner rounder and the sentiment from the same set on the dark blue mat. The small cone is fussy cut and has a tiny touch of Dazzling Details. I know the sketch has two horizontal panels and I have just the one vertical cone but I think it's close enough.    To be honest I found it hard enough keeping this clean and simple and with the extra pinecone it lost some of its impact, hope you can forgive me!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I do like the colours and the wreath is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the unusual colors for a Christmas card! You did a wonderful job with the wreath - I love how you used the pine cone stamp to create it!
    I have to agree with you - it was hard keeping this sketch clean and simple. But I suppose that's why it's called a challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx