Saturday 25 October 2014

Merry Scatterings

The final Saturday in October, the big day is approaching fast. I'll admit I have to get Halloween and Bonfire night over before I start to think about Christmas preparations, apart from my cards that is. These are piling up nicely, ready to write and send (hubby's job) thanks to 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown.
We have a stash challenge for you this week

I have been eying up the three fabulous stamps in the Seasonally Scattered set for SU since the Holiday catalogue came out, just love all the ideas that are floating around Pintrest and Splitcoast 
Stampers. Here is my first inking


I used Kraft, white and Blackberry Bliss as a colour combo. I stamped the image in white ink first, but this dried to a nice shade of raspberry! So, I inked up with Versamark and heat embossed with white for this, my second attempt. The die is part of a Birthday Wishes sentiment. I used the tag top punch and sone twine. Can you see my dots? There is one on the "i " in wishes and a couple more on the tag. They match the Blackberry Bliss perfectly.
I do like this colour combo, a variation on my favourite red with Kraft and white.
Now, I'm looking nor other projects to use the other two stamps in this set.....watch this space!





9 comments:

  1. Oh Louise - this is simply fabulous. I love the richness of the Blackberry Bliss with the kraft and white. I do like the stamp and the way you've used the enamel dots! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite colour of the moment is Blackberry Bliss, with the Kraft and white it's gorgeous! love your enamel dots too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour combo Louise, and the dots are perfect little accents. Have a great weekend, hugs, Gill xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful colour combination. It's a lovely snowflaky image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Louise - the Blackberry Bliss looks so festive with the white and kraft - what a great stamp too - J xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. C'est magnifique Louise, ces couleurs sont si belles ensemble, je vois que nous avons un peu la même idée, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the kraft with the white and raspberry. The Wishes looks so good and what a good match the dots are.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous stamps aren't they?! Loving the colour scheme here Louise! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been eyeing that set too Louise - just might have to break down and get them. I LOVE the colors you used here. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx