Thursday 2 October 2014

Hello My (Old) Friend

Happy Thursday! It's a brand new colour challenge from our hostess of the month of October, Jacqueline, over at CAS Colours& Sketches


I have to admit my Soft Sky, is actually Pool Party, but it's close enough- you don't have to use the exact shade, or even Stampin Up colours, as long as the colour palette matches the challenge. Being clean and simple is important too. I've left lots of space around my embossed sentiment, and kept embellishments to a minimum, only a few Dazzling Details on the seed heads.


You will recognise the stamps, from an old Stampin Up set, My Friend, which I recently got hold of, pre- loved. This is my first card using it. I am still not sure if I prefer the cut up version of the image, it is more effective IRL than in this photo and allows the Kraft to show through better. The Lost 
Lagoon is reduced to a mat of card stock, I have the ink pad but find it too wet to stamp well. Does anyone else have this problem?

3 comments:

  1. I love these soft, subtle colours and your card is really lovely! I do like the way you've treated the image - looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card with a lovely colour combo.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That image has such a neat ethereal feel to it, and it's captured wonderfully with these colors. The bits of sparkle add just enough pizzazz to the card. Nicely done, Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx