Saturday 20 September 2014

Scandinavian Christmas

Here is my card for the challenge at52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown this morning. I've been taking a break from my DT work for a few weeks as my life has hectic with holidays, birthdays and minor crises so it might take me a few cards to 'warm up' the mojo!
We have a theme today

It is my background which is particularly on theme, the cross stitch hearts. It is actually fabric, which gives interesting texture. I hand cut the window and used a piece of snowy acetate. I stamped the trees and added the die cut deer and sentiment, both are Memory Box dies. I did fiddle about a bit adding other bits but in the end decided to go with this very clean look. This means that it actually didn't take very long to make and so I am entering the 20 minute challenge at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas  , first time in a while for that too.


 I am looking forward to getting back to commenting, so do have a go at this challenge!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Louise - great to see you back. I think your mojo is just fine!!! I love the texture the fabric gives and the pretty scene through the window. Perfectly for the Nordic Christmas theme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle est tellement jolie Louise, ces adorables cœurs brodés lui donne beaucoup de chaleur et je suis fan de cette scène à la fenêtre, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card has the wow factor Louise. Perfect colours, great design and a beautiful Nordic Christmas card. So glad you're back! Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric really adds to this, love your card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've created the idea of looking out the window. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's such a lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you back Louise! I love how you've created a window scene and the fabric is just perfect! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fabric! I was looking at it thinking "wow that looks just like fabric" :o) LOVE your window scene too. Glad to have you back Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx