Sunday 21 September 2014

Pedal to the Metal

I do enjoy creating masculine cards these days. It used to phase me but having been on the DT at The Male Room has cured me of that by now. This card is no exception to the others I've posted yesterday and today in that it is very late, but as the challenge runs for two weeks I did think it would be OK and that my team mates would forgive me!
The theme is Metal 



The embossed background was black card stock which I rubbed over with antique silver after passing it through the Big Shot , it has quite an amazing metal-like appearance. I stamped the silver car, masked it and stamped the black cars and I made the sentiment using my computer- shame is we'd run out of black ink, so the monochrome effect was not as I had hoped, but I still think it works. I am entering the challenge at Cards4Guyz with this one. It's my first time over there and the challenge is 'No patterned Paper'
 Note to DT team mates-I will try to do better this week and post my cards on time! Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. It might be a wee bit late but its a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Louise, so pleased you entered into this week's challenge with your brilliant Metal card, which fits in so well with our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz. I love your background card, a great idea and it looks really good. Thanks for joining in with us, we hope to see you again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossing looks awesome and I love how you added the antique silver for the metal look. Very cool! So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossed effect and what a clever image and sentiment.
    So pleased you joined us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought that was metal too - very effective.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That background is great, it really looks like metal! Which embossing folder did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Louise - this is absolutely fabulous. I really like the embossed background and the sentiment is great. Great to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love the embossing BG its really meatl look and how you stamped the Image is clever lovely sentiment too..you made a clever manly card..I adore this...my card is number 19 at the challenge gallery..wish you like to visiting me back..hugs from Munich, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx