Saturday 27 September 2014

Diamonds (and Pearls) Are A Girl's Best Friend!

Diamonds and pearls- don't you just love them! They are classic in every way, especially on Christmas cards and today at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown Asha has chosen them for our stash challenge


I loved this challenge, -to add bling? Oh, yes, bring it on! I could have gone sophisticated and elegant, CAS, vintage, shabby chic, steam punk even, all styles apply, but I went homestyle modern, with lots of Kraft and cream and a pop of warm burgundy. Have a look



The ornament stamps from Ornament Keepsakes were stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white. I used Kraft and black for the card stock. The matching die cuts make cutting them out simple. I used Kraft cs for the mat, added a layer of twinkling vellum and a border of washi tape. There are diamonds on the large round ornament and on the snowflakes. I added grey pearls to the other large ornament and a large black pearl to the centre of the small one. The ornaments are popped up on foam pads of different thicknesses.


The Noel was stamped on mountboard and then covered in several layers of clear embossing powder to give a tile effect. Finally, I tied a bow in some burgundy coloured satin ribbon. With all those layers I thought I could enter the challenge at Winter Wonderland, where they tell me it is only 89 days to Christmas! Whoopie! Also,Completely Christmas are having an Anything Goes challenge, so I'll enter my card over there too.



11 comments:

  1. Very pretty Christmas card - like the black and white and changing one to beige & white. Great embossing - nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelle élégance Louise, j'ai pense comme toi ... Un challenge de fille avec ces perles et ces brillants. Elle est charmante ton interprétation , biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the simplicity of this card, Louise. So perfectly embellished with class and elegance.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to look twice I thought the Kraft card was cork at first. It really sets off those lovely baubles.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah bless really beautiful Christmas card hun love it and thanks for sharing at Completely Christmas hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these elegant baubles! The white embossing is fab on the black and kraft card, I really your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gorgeous ribbon really pops against the neutral colors! Very pretty, elegant card, Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way you grouped those ornaments is perfection Louise! LOVE the pop of maroon against the other subtle colors. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! I love the clean and stylish look - very elegant. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx