Thursday 7 August 2014

Hearts and Stripes

It's August, and I will be taking my annual trip to the USA soon. I was reminded of this when I saw the colours for this week's challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches

I had in mind to do a Stars and Stripes card, as I've pinned a few lately, but it just didn't happen. This did..

Although I have stuck to the two colours, I have stamped off to create lighter shades. The Work Of Art stamp set is going to be my new BFF, I think. I cut out the hearts and have popped them up on foam pads at different heights. The DP I've used had cream hearts and so I coloured those in with my marker pen to keep with the colour palette. Not added a sentiment yet, as I'm not quite sure what occasion I will use it for.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love the country feel with the paisley background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dimension you created by popping up the hearts. Something about the swoosh stamps and the falling hearts gives your card a fun, playful feel. All-around great job, Louise! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx