Sunday 27 July 2014

Geometric Work Of Art

Phew! I finally made it, with a bit of help from the internet and a colour challenge. What am I talking about? My DT card for The Male Room of course! A couple of days ago we posted a new challenge, geometric cards for men/boys and do you think I could get an idea going...useless. Today I was searching for some inspiration and a I came upon a card here that I instantly liked. A quick search for a great colour combination and I found The Colour Throwdown Challenge this week had three gorgeous colours and a photo inspiration of Venice and my mojo kicked in.



I associate Venice with art and I have my new Work of Art stamp set to play with. Can I make a geometric card with what is essentially a collection of watercolour brushstrokes? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that.





I hand cut the frame, stamped the modern art, added a sheet of acetate over the top, popped it up on foam pads, and used Off The Grid to set it all off. I punched out a few circles stamped from the Work of Art set too.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found your mojo! Love, love your card and of course its geometric, it's got circles and rectangles hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your artsy collage of different geometric shapes! You really rocked the throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx