Thursday 22 May 2014

Pretty Things

I have two cards to share this morning. The first one is for the colour challenge at The Colourthrowdown


At the moment screen cards seem to be all the rage and so I thought I'd have a go at making one. I used a punch to cut out the 'legs' and a border punch to make the lacey top. Then it was just a case of stamping and fussy cutting out various flower images. I have sponged the edges and added a few gems and a sentiment from a very old SU set, don't even know it's name! I am also entering the Anything Goes challenge at Addicted To Stamps and More with my sceen card.Here it is....

 
 
My second card is for today's new challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches. This week it is the turn of the sketch,
 
 
I must admit I was a bit rushed and so this card is based on a card I posted a couple of weeks ago
 
 
I used the splat from Gorgeous Grunge instead of the hexagons, added a brad and the sentiment banner was made using a corner punch (Martha Stewart) and the sentiment from Simply Sketched. The die cut butterfly was a magazine freebie and this time, instead of leaving it white I have added random splatters from the larger grunge stamp.. Here's a close up
 
 
Two very feminine cards from me, hence the blog title, makes a change!
 


10 comments:

  1. Both cards are so pretty! Gotta try my hand at a screen card. Thanks for the inspiration! I came here from the CTD challenge blog. ~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these cards are so fun and amazing, great use of colors, that folding card is just superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your screen card is such a fun idea Louise and I love the colours but the second card is my favourite - I love the splats and the way the butterfly is also coloured with them. Hope you're well! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful , but I like the details on the screen card

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely screen card. Love the punch idea for cutting out the legs. Think the set you're referring to was called 'occasional greetings'. Love the butterfly in your second card, it's fab. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, where have I been, LOL? Screen cards are new to me, but I'm glad this was the first one I've seen--all others will be measured against this beauty! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful! I'm with Barbara....never even heard of screen cards! But I love the idea and yours is great!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous screen card Louise! I've not tried this yet - but think I might just have to after seeing your fabulous example here. LOVE the colors - your rocked them! Gorgeous splatter on the second card. Really nice job on both. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cards are gorgeous!!! I especially love the screen card design with all the pretty orange flowers!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards Louise - love the screen card - must make one of those myself! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx