Saturday 24 May 2014

Frosty Seed Head

It's time for another Christmas card challenge from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and we have something a little different from our lovely and very creative hostess Ruth.




I've chosen an unusual subject for my card but I think that the glittery, frost quality makes it suitable for a Christmas card (I must tell you that my husband disagrees but we will let you be the judge)
The old is my old, well used white embossing powder, the jar is nearly empty, the new is a previously uninked stamp, the borrowed is the sentiment, and the blue....well, you get the idea. I've used Dazzling details on the image, here's a close up...


Still difficult to see the sparkle, but it is there in real life. I really like this card, and would be very happy to receive it at Christmas time. Do hop on over to the blog to see the work of my fellow DT and then get creative with at least two of the elements, can you do all four?

6 comments:

  1. très élégant et charmant Louise, finesse et délicatesse, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very creative way to use that stamp Louise. I love the frosty feel to your card! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your frosty card Louise - what do hubbies know?! ; ) Fabulous sponging and I love the arrangement too! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and frosty - love it - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the use of the seed head stamp for a Christmas card - has a very ethereal feel! Lovely sentiment too! And congratulations on using all four of the elements in the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dandelion image is unexpected for a Christmas card, but the way you've used it with the blue and the dazzling diamonds definitely gives it a frosty, wintery look. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx