Wednesday 16 April 2014

There's Only One You

God Morning!  I am up very early this morning as I had to take my son to work (he's a lifeguard at our local swimming pool). I was going to nip back into bed as I'm on holiday but the day was too good to waste and so I thought I'd post today's card for the challenge at The Male Room instead. The original theme for the challenge was Man's Best Friend, but we've extended it to include all pets, as long as your card is suitable for a male. I stuck with the MBF idea and made another card with my Paisley Pets stamp set.


 It is a variation of a card I made last week, using the Hardwood background stamp to make a picket fence (I even used the scraps I had left from the previous card, how's that for thrifty?) but I've given it a masculine twist with my dog in the grass card, rather than the flowers I used previously. I thought the sentiment went well with the image.  It's all popped up on dimensionals and my dog has two small gems for his eyes.  Instead of embossing clouds as I did before this time I've sponged them in using a scalloped circle, love creating flffy white clouds in this way. The grass is cut by hand.
Do hope you'll join us in the challenge.

5 comments:

  1. I just adore Bulldogs -- they are the dog's dog! :) Cute card~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the hardwood stamp and a very masculine looking dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool dog! He looks really butch and I love the wooden fence!. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Man's Best Friend.....he looks very loyal. You created a cute scene for him too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx