Tuesday 1 April 2014

Rev Up and Side Step

I thought I would give the side-step card a bit of a masculine, CAS makeover this morning. A side step card is the latest challenge from Technique Time Tuesday, where there is a fab video tutorial to follow if you've never made this type of card before,  The only tricky bit is getting the measurements right, but if you can use a ruler (!!) no problem!
There are so many gorgeous side step cards around on the internet, and some fantastic ones created by my fellow DT members on the challenge blog, and as I said my idea was to keep it clean and simple.  For me, they work best with a single stamp set, to coordinate the images and that's what I've done here with Rev Up The Fun

The colour choice of black, white and red was very intentional. I stamped the car in Real Red and then stamped off twice to give the impression of movement







I used the tyre tread stamp as a border and then just stamped Off The Grid (oops, guess that counts as a second stamp set!) directly onto my card, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it exactly straight and
central.
Really pleased with the way this turned out. I think I will enter it into the one for the boys challenge at Make My Monday too.


2 comments:

  1. These stamp sets are natural partners but the Off the Grid stamp goes well with everything I love the theme you chose for your side step card - it's a fab card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this fun masculine card, Louise! The simple colors are perfect and so are the images! Thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work at Technique Time Tuesday! I will miss working with you there! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx