Thursday 20 February 2014

Oriental Inspiration

I just picked up a copy of my regular crafting magazine and this month the free gift is a set of acrylic stamps all inspired by the Orient. I have combined a few of them in my card for CAS Colours and Sketches this week. The stating point is a colour challenge and we have these three delicious colours to play with


You don't have to use the exact Stampin' Up colours, just the nearest you have. I used Mimento London Fog for the grey.

The background is made using an acrylic block printing technique, and I wasn't brave enough to do it one-layer, but I do think that would look great! The cherry blossom and storks symbolise happiness I think, so the Chinese characters beneath are perfect. Really happy with the simplicity of this design, would look great in blue too-like the Willow pattern china!

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I do like the oriental theme - so pretty! Great colours for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card, Louise! The beautiful watercolor background is a perfect pairing with the oriental stamp images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Louise! Love the acrylic stamping technique...it works really well for this card! I'd love to see it in blue...fancy a try? ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise - hope you are OK - love this oriental themed card - very pretty - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The abstractness of the blocked background works perfectly with the Asian theme, and it's so pretty in these colors! Super job, Louise! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx