Thursday 16 January 2014

Are You Ready For Love?

Well, Valentines' Day anyway! I'm getting mine done early, inspired by the colour challenge our hostess, Karen, at CAS Colours and Sketches has for us this week


 Don't worry, you don't have to use exact Stampin' Up colours, just the closest you have to them. I did an exercise in paper piecing for my card, using the stamp Sweet Cake. I stamped it in purple, red and kraft and pieced the bits together, fussy cutting out the whole image before mounting it onto purple and red cs (does it look blue to you?  I may retake the photo in daylight if I get the chance because it is definitely purple!). I've kept it very CAS with just two small rhinestones and a whole lotta white space.


7 comments:

  1. Wow - super job with the paper piecing! When I first saw the card, I thought you'd colored those parts of the image. Good for you for tackling the fussy cutting for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamp-good idea to keep it cas!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - I love it - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely Valentine card Louise! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully clean and simple, love the cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very beautiful and yes, it looks like it's earlier blue, but it may be the camera that does not like this color. I noticed that with mine, it does not like blue or purple!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, Louise! Love that stamp image - great choice for these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx