Monday 4 November 2013

Feminine Fall Card

I needed to make a birthday card for my mother-in-law and the challenge photo at Cupcake Inspirations gave me a great idea..


Don't they look delicious? Love those autumnal colours too and I must admit I usually use them for cards for men, so I challenged myself to make a card with a more feminine touch.



I love the pinks and oranges along with the brown and gold. I've used a few stamps, the small leaf is from Autumn Days, the sentiment is from Simply Sketched and of course my current top pick, Off The Grid is in there too, this time embossed in gold.The leaf is like faux cloisonne and I've matted it onto brown CS and fussy cut it out before using foam pads to add dimension. The papers are both from SU. This is the second card I made, you can see both cards in this pic below


For mre my first attempt, on the left, wasn't feminine enough but I love the rich fabric brad next to the sentiment and this time I've embossed in copper.  I'm sure this one will find a good home too.
As I've made birthday cards I'm also going to enter them in the current challenge at Seize The Birthday, as I haven't played along there for a while.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful... perfect for our challenge
    thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your MIL liked her card. That 'off the grid' stamp is great, it looks so good with the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty mix of colours and I love the gold embossing!. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx