Thursday 31 October 2013

Double Contempo Card

Hello, and Happy Halloween! A big hello to my newest followers, if you hop over here and like what you see please become a follower- I will follow back as it's always great to make new friends in blog-land!
It's a ' Double' week on CAS Colours and Sketches, in honour of there being 5 Thursdays in October. This means that you get a sketch and a colour combo to follow, and this week we have



 I have decided to follow my true CAS heart and have bought some new stamps so that I can have a go at making the contemporary cards that I love so much when other people do them! I'm going to try really hard with this new style and here's my first go


I used my acrylic block to make the background, using the three colours (Don't worry if you don't have Stampin' Up colours, any close match will do) and a spritz of water.  Then I stamped the grid image and used the three colours to mat mt various parts.  The sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes (this is such a go-to set for me). Finally, I added the three candy dots, one for each colour. I do like the way this turned out and will be blogging more in this style over the next few weeks.

5 comments:

  1. Wow the colors certainly suit this style of card you have done an amazing job - Love the grid and the sentiment you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, I love the colored blocks in the background - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new CAS style Louise! What a fab background you've made with your blocks and the grid over the top is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing more of this style! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally fab Louise! I really love the background!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the background colors mixed together when you spritzed them. This makes a terrific masculine card! Super job, Louise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx