Monday 28 October 2013

Cascading Christmas

At last! A few spare minutes to put up a post that should have been there Saturday morning! My only excuse is a very hectic weekend, as our swimming club ran their major event of the year, our three day open meet. I'm exhausted, never mind the swimmers!
Over at 52 {Chrismas} Card Throwdown there is a really fun challenge for Christmas cards with Fancy folds (Paper engineering, I like to call it)

Earlier this year I tried a fold (well, it's rather more of a cut!) called the cascading card technique for a challenge at Technique Time Tuesday and the entries in the challenge were fabulous.  I knew that I wanted to give this one another go (there is a tutorial on the TTT blog if this is new to you).
At the time I made a card for my daughter and it's one of the few that she's kept up all year. This time of course I've made a Christmas card
 I have chosen some pretty non-traditional colours -teal, hot pink and silver. The card does fold flat to fit in an envelope.  The snowflakes are white peel-offs, the other embellishments are heat embossed baubles or punched birds and leaves. I must say the photo doesn't really do it justice, it's a very tactile card, as you pull it open you get to see the decorations inside.
Do hop over to the 52CCT blog to look at the other cards from the rest of the DT, there are some great ideas for you to try, the hardest part will be deciding which fancy fold card you want to show us!

3 comments:

  1. An absolutely wonderful card Louise, I've not been brave enough to try one of these - I really will have to challenge myself to have a go I think, thanks for the link to the tutorial! I adore the teal, bright pink and silver combo, very contemporary and fresh for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of an interactive card where you open it up and unexpected things happen (!) and this card looks as if it's one of those cards! I really like your non-traditional colour combination too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo Louise. I really thought about practicing this fold and doing it one more time again too. A fabulous fancy fold card. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx