Tuesday 22 October 2013

A CASEd Card

It's my month as hostess at Technique Time Tuesday and we are more than half way through October so it's time for some mid-month motivation as I case one of the cards already submitted in the challenge.  You may remember this month's technique is Faux Cloisonne - it's got one or two of you running to Google to find out what real cloisonne is, but to make it easy we have a complete tutorial for you over on the blog, just click here.
The card I cased is this one from Jacqueline
and here is my card


I chose another regal colour, and CASEd the shape and paper pierced border from Jacqueline's card. Instead of one large central flower (the poinsettia) I have made a bouquet, with visiting butterflies. Here's a close up of the faux cloisonne technique


The stamps are from Paisley Patterns, Reason To Smile and Butterfly Potpourrie and for my paper I used a glossy catalogue from an art gallery, which had a good weight to it as well as beautiful shiny colours- perfect for the job.
Did I mention it is my birthday today - it's a big one too, so I'll be out celebrating with all my family this evening.  I might send this card to myself, I really love it so much -thanks for the inspiration Jacqueline!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx