Wednesday 25 September 2013

Kickin' Giraffe

Hello! Today I have a birthday card which I have made for the all masculine card challenge at The Male Room.  The theme for the challenge is Animal, Avian or Aquarian (or animal, bird or fish) and one of those should be your featured element on your project.
I've used my Zoo Review stamps again and given it a twist by using a kick-stand design. Take a look



I went to a workshop last week where kick-stand cards were demo'ed and I thought I'd give it another go, thinking that the tall image of the giraffe would suit the design.  I stamped and masked the giraffe image before adding the background with my brushes,  The grasses are a combination of a couple of stamps. Then I stamped another giraffe, coloured him and fussy cut him out, popping him up on dimensionals. The animal print border is some homemade washi tape. I stamped the greeting from Wet Lands on the inside and finally added a recycled wooden button from my local quilting craft shop. Hate to see a 'naked' button, so I've added some string. You can see what I mean by kick-stand better in this photo


Do visit The Male Room if you've not been there already, and don't forget you've got two weeks to add your creature feature!

3 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with a gorgeous giraffe, he's lovely. I like the card style too, must give this one a try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely image and an unusual shaped card!! it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Louise - I love the scene you've made for that gorgeous giraffe - you can almost smell the heat and dust! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx