Wednesday 14 August 2013

Wetlands Reflections

It's time for the second challenge from the all new The Male Room challenge blog, and, judging from the number of entries we had for the first challenge, I'm guessing that you all were looking to create fabulous cards for the men and boys in our lives. I know I was.
This week we have a theme of 'Reflections'.  Now, I know there are lots of brilliant images out there which look great when given the reflection technique treatment, whether you use an acetate sheet or brayer, but I went for a brand new stamp set with a reflection already built in.



 

The card stock is Naturals White and the stamp is called Wetlands. I made the background by inking up an acrylic block with Sky Blue and Soft Brown Sugar inks, moistening it slightly and printing directly onto white card. Then I overstamped the images in Chocolate Chip and sponged the edges, before using dimensionals to stick it onto the front of my card base.  The goose was added last. I love the watery effect of the inked block (thanks to Jacqueline for sharing this technique)

4 comments:

  1. A lovely water effect here using that inking technique. Lucky you had a reflection stamp to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Louise, and I love the colours

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These did turn out well didn't they - great card - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card - love how the bird is outside the main picture- just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx