Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Great Outdoors (in 4 stamp sets)

The third challenge at The Male Room is The Great Outdoors.  This is going to mean a lot of different things to different people.  My original thoughts were of nature, but I  needed to be a bit more adventurous so I thought of camping and activity holidays, but I really don't have the right stamps for that.  I do however have a bicycle stamp and so I've adapted it to fit in with the theme. My bicycle stamp has a basket on the front, not very masculine I feel, so I carefully inked up the stamp with a marker, avoiding the basket part of the image.



I have combined several stamps sets here, Lovely as a Tree in the background, the leaf from Autumn Days and the bicycle from Pedal Presents. Some of the leaves are fussy cut and popped up to add layers, more of a feel of rustling through the autumn leaves. My card is actually an easel card, which you can see below


Here's the detail from the 'stand' - another stamp set - this time Vintage Verses, for the sentiment.  This card is for my husband for our wedding anniversary, so the words are just right. More fussy cut leaves - one almost blowing off the card!

I do hope that you will join in our challenge again, remember you have two weeks to come up with a masculine card on the theme of The Great Outdoors. There are some other ideas by the DT over on the blog - do take a look.
Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Louise - so glad you had a good time away, I loved seeing all your stash last night and can't wait to see it on a card. Speaking of which this one is gorgeous - love all the earthy tones - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx