Thursday 1 August 2013

Mosaics and Snowflakes

I can't believe it, August already! Perfect time for a Christmas card, well, that's what I've made this week for the colour challenge at CAS -Colours and Sketches.  Our hostess over there this month is Kylie and she's kicking off with an awesome colour combo of

 Although these are Stampin' Up shades, don't worry if you don't have them in your stash, just use the closest.
When I imagined a card using these colours it was vibrant, with the Melon Mambo really standing out, funny then that this is what happened

The white space is more dominant.  I used a new embossing folder and stamp set -Mosaic Madness, and a very old set called Snow Flurries. I have used the grey and the pink to double mat the embossed panel. and created three 3D 'ornaments' from the Mosaic stamp.  The greeting comes from Whacky Wishes and I've curled up the fish-tailed banner.
I'm going to have some time crafting today,looking forward to getting going again after my short break. Do hop over to the blog to see the creations from the rest of the team.

4 comments:

  1. Cool card, Louise! Love the 3 punched pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 3-D ornaments add a fun touch to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those dainty, little snowflakes and the 3-D ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That embossing folder is just awesome and your 3D elements are fantastic, Louise! Great card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx