Thursday 6 June 2013

Proud as a Peacock

I'm back from my holidays!  Turkey was fabulous - great hotel, very friendly people, delicious food and lots of sunshine.  Cruising down the river, watching the turtles and herons, catching crabs and sipping on a cold drink-my kind of fun! Can't quite get into my crafting yet though,still enjoying the good weather and everything is tidied away.
But, duty calls and so I've pushed myself tonight to create a card for CAS Colours and Sketches using  these three colours -


Just before I went away I saw a magazine and the freebies were a stamp set and coordinating embossing folder.  I liked them so much that I was persuaded to buy the magazine and so when I needed a card and I didn't have much of a brain in gear I decided to give them a go. It's exam time here and I think I will need a card like this


I used the three stamps in the set.  I love the little peacock -here's a close up


The quality of the stamping could be better - sometimes I find that with the freebie acrylic stamps, but the embossing folder is gorgeous.Hope you are inspired to give the challenge a go, keep it clean and simple and stick to the colour combo (as near as you can!) and I look forward to leaving you a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Louise, I LOVE that embossing! Gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Louise! I love the embossing - it looks great with the flourish frame on the sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx