Saturday 1 June 2013

Christmas Silhouette

It's June and I'm not actually here!  By the time you read this I will be at the end of a week long holiday with my son and my Mum and Dad in Turkey. We are in a very special town called Dalyan, it's such a fabulous place, this is my third visit. We will be cruising on the river, watching the turtles and swimming in the lake as well as visiting some of the local sights and markets. Going to squeeze in a trip to the turkish baths too!
But, you don't want to hear about that, you want the latest challenge from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown! A new month means a new hostess and this time it's Jacqueline.  She's come up with a brilliant sketch to get us all started

 This is my card, as you can see I've used kraft as a card base and I have heat embossed three snowflakes in place of the circles. The panel is stamped onto cream CS and is from Serene Silhouettes.  To give it a wintery feel I have added some red berries with a Promarker.  I have layered this onto some red mirri card.  I did use the same mirri card for the 'banner, but it proved to be overpowering, so I replaced it with plain red cs.  The fabric ribbon adds the sentiment.  The whole card has quite a homespun feel to it, if you know what I mean.
Do visit the blog and have a look at the other DT creations, as soon as I'm back I'll be commenting on all your lovely entries too!

6 comments:

  1. A lovely wintery card Louise, and so opposite of the weather you'll be having in Turkey. I love Dalyan and the Turkish baths are Fab!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful card Louise - has a wonderful chilly feel to it. I absolutely do want to hear more about your trip to Turkey too - how wonderful for you! Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of a cross-stitch creation! GORGEOUS coloring and a fabulous image! HUGS to you and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is terrific, Louise! I love the kraft, red and cream color scheme. The stitched ribbon is great. Like you said, it has a nice, warm homespun feel to it - but the silhouette image and the embossed snowflakes also give a touch of elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Louise, fab colours and the snowflakes instead of the circles was a great touch! Love how you added the berries to make the branch more wintery!

    Glad to hear you had such a wonderful holiday! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card with a classic colour combination. Love the snowflakes and pretty ribbon.

    Sounds like you've had a fantastic holiday too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx