Friday 17 May 2013

Stars and Plaid

Wow!  Three posts from me in one day!  Don't know if I've ever done that before, but I just wanted to squeeze into the draw at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge with a card that I made using the sketch fromMerry Monday Christmas Card Challenge.  Here is the sketch:

For my card I chose a red and gold theme with lots of stars and dimension (no use trying to send this one in the mail!)

I used a stamp from the Ornament Keepsake set, stamped it 5 times and layered it together to make the 3D ornament.  I die cut one large and three small stars from mirri card and used some of my lovely plaid DP.There are even some stars on the ornament!


Back with another Christmas Card tomorrow, something quite different!

6 comments:

  1. I love the dimension you've created - delightful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 124 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, Louise! I've been wanting to make one of these 3D ornament cards and never got to it! The stars are a wonderful touch! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, must try one of these layered ornaments. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful 3D ornament and star theme. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute....you will just have to hand-deliver this beauty! Thanks so much for participating in our Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can make these so they lie flat for posting Louise! I love it - that gorgeous DP is fabulous for Christmas! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx