Saturday 27 April 2013

Punch Art Christmas Tree

Have you heard of punch art?  Well, I hadn't until a month ago or so, when I had to investigate it for the challenge this week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown I started where I'm sure most people do these days - I googled it and basically, it means using punched or die cut shapes to create something else!
The best place to go is probably Splitcoast Stampers and that is where I saw this idea


I have made the tree using inverted heart shapes, from a heart punch and from the heart shape from the SU Bird Punch, decorated it with gems and a thin organza ribbon. The pot is a cup cake base and I've used DP for the sentiment.  It was quite fun to do and there are hundreds of ideas on the internet, some of which the DT have had a go at, so do go and have a look.
As my card has a little ribon and bow I am also going to enter it into the challenge at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge blog, where there are chances to win prizes and I think I can just squeeze into the April Crafty Hazelnuts Extra Christmas Challenge too!

8 comments:

  1. I really like your punched Christmas tree - and the different papers you've used too. Love the way you've included gems for the baubles. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww.that is such a sweet tree...great use of punches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree you created using punched hearts Louise. Glad you found this inspiration so that I can CASE you now :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea to make a tree out of hearts! I like the cupcake wrapper as a tree trunk too. Great card, Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree turned out really cute! The gemstone ornaments are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used the hearts - super tree - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tree Louise - a great idea - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm seriously damaged! I thought, I already left a comment but apparently I only watch! Sorry ...
    Superb, how you made this tree, Louise. I love this genius use of hearts and gems, ....a really great idea!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx