Friday 12 April 2013

Cycling in The Hills

Just had an hour free this morning and found a corner on the dining table (husband and son both working there) to make this card for this week's masculine birthday card challenge at Seize The Birthday.  Here's the sketch
and this is the card I made with it
I first made the banner, with Lucky Limeade and Indigo Island.  The clouds are made with a scalloped circle - aren't they lovely and 'fluffy-looking'? Then I stamped the bicycle from Pedal Presents, gently adding some colour and matting onto green CS.  I only have the one size oval punch, so I had to cut out by hand (don't look too closely!) I made the horizontal panel with two thin strips of black CS, stamped the greeting directly onto the card and punched out a scalloped edge using my edgelits die. 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and I love all those wonderful clouds on here. Great bicycle image too.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just gorgeous Louise - I want to make one too! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your card! Soft but still masculine - a great balance.

    I clicked in to look at your card because I was thinking "bicycle", too and didn't want to come too close. I thought it was karma when your blog opened and it was called Cats Cards & Cupcakes since those are my three favorite things in the entire world!!!! (excepting my two kids of course) Adding you to my blogroll not only for the great name but also for your awesome creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on this week's sketch. Love the clouds! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Louise, Love the clouds and the way you have done the bicycle. Great Colours. See you Thursday. Love Viji x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise - this card has real wow factor! Love your clouds and the hill and the way you've added the bicycle on the oval. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx