Tuesday 9 April 2013

Chevrons, Flowers and Friendship

It feels like I've been making cards all day today.  First, I went to my local craft club this morning, we had a lovely time chatting, looking at some new stuff and making a fab card - it's amazing when everyone makes the 'same' card at how different they turn out to be. Anyway, I was introduced to a new colour there - Primrose Petals - don't ask me why it's pink as I thought primroses were yellow, but that doesn't really matter. This afternoon I used the fold we were shown this morning, with a twist, and the colour to make a card for two challenges CAS-ual Fridays, where the theme is Chevrons and Flowers and Addicted To CAS, where they want a CAS project inspired by the word Friend.




 I used the stamp set The Language of Friendship (perfect for the ATCAS challenge) to stamp the flowers, and, because I don't own the matching punch, fussy cut them out. I used Primrose Petals CS (thank you, Jacqueline!) to layer some SU chevron DP and make an inverted frame which makes a 'springy' base.  The leaves are made out of coppery coloured Fimo, rolled very thinly and scored with 'veins'. Then the leaves and flowers were stuck to the centre panel, which pops right off the card, but you can't see it all that well . Inside the card I have stamped some more little flowers.  The sentiment is also stamped in Primrose Petals and comes from the same stamp set.

Can you see the dimension a little better in this photo? I have made a few more cards, which I'll be sharing with you later, until then Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flowers and fabulous chevron paper! Isn't it fun to craft all day? Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very striking card. How clever of you to twist the frame. I would never have thought of that. The chevron paper is stunning and I love the little flowers. I have this stamp set too and have used it on one challenge, they are sweet aren't they?I think I will have to update my inks, as I dont seem to have many of the colours that you are using lately. Lovely card Louise. Love Viji. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your twist on the folded frame card,the dimension you've created with the centre is genius!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dynamic card and like the combination of the chevrons and the flowers. Thanks for joining us this time at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx