Tuesday 19 March 2013

Black Bird

Good morning!  It's my day off but unfortunately I have to go into work this afternoon for some training so just time to create one card, inspired by a few challenges (which is unusual for me, I usually only have enough brain power to focus on one!).
I have cased a sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch and used the theme from Addicted To CAS and made a card which is definitely  Less Is More How's that!

I actually hope that I don't need a Sympathy card right now, but I thought that the bird is uplifting, whilst still being quite somber so I thought it was the most appropriate sentiment, especially with the black frame.  Enough talking, here's my card
 The bird is die cut from DP and then clear heat embossed to accentuate the black.  The frame is actually a peel off, would you believe it, and it took ages to get it in exactly the right place. I have paper pierced around the edges of the frame to add a minimal accent, you can just see it on the photograph.
So that's my crafting done for today, :(

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Elegant and serene, everything a sympathy card should be! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful black bird. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the bird is uplifting and really makes a nice focal point on a sympathy card. So happy you joined us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks terrific, the bird looks amazing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card! Thank you for joining the ATCAS Wings challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Very stylish. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS wings challenge.
    Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, elegant and, I agree, very uplifting! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so elegant and a great sympathy card! I really love it. Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Louise. The blackbird is stunning and just right for a sympathy card. You cut it in just the right place to get a beautiful pattern. Viji. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx