Thursday 24 January 2013

Valentine Be Mine


The sketch this week at CAS_Colours and Sketches features a large heart.  Now, you don't have to follow the heart theme, any large shape will be fine, but I thought I would make a traditional Valentine's Day card.
I did just remember that our lovely Challenge Blog creator, Jacqueline, wants to see some stamping in every CAS Colours and Sketches card so I stamped the background, using a couple of SU stamps, Outlined Occasions and Confetti.  I am afraid the flash on my camera has taken away some of the detail of the stamping though. I made a mat for my gold mirri board heart (cut out by hand as I don't own a heart shaped die), using a some red paper also layered onto the mirri board. The hearts at the side are a mixture from my stash. This is probably the one and only Valentine's day card I will make this year, so I hope 'he' likes it!

5 comments:

  1. I am sure he will!
    The background stamping looks great and you it the heart by hand, wow good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo - Louise, he will LOVE this! Gorgeous stamped background - great job. Well done with cutting out the heart! Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, this is so adorable! I love the large gold heart and the little heart rhinestones are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the big gold heart - the background stamping is fab too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Louise! The gold heart really makes this fabulous! LOVE it!! Hope I have time to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx