Thursday 20 December 2012

Charming Colour Challenge

As the big day gets closer I thought I would share something not at all seasonal.  This card was designed with the colours from Colours and Sketches in mind - So Saffron, Pool Party and Night of Navy (don't worry if you don't have these exact SU shades - I didn't!)
I used a stamp from a SU set called Charming.  First time I overstamped the image in the three colours, but this got a bit messy, rather than CAS, so then I redid it using masks. I stamped extras and fussy cut them. I matted my homemade DSP onto a white card blank and popped the extras up using dimensionals.  Finally I stamped the sentiment, from Sassy Salutations, onto more white CS, fussy cut it out and overlapped it.  I think this will be a great card in the spring time.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you fussy cut your flowers and your Sassy Salutation! Then popped up, they just give that extra oomph to your card! Love it, Louise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really fresh and makes me itch to get my spring stamps out Louise - not a chance of that though! We have lots more relatives arriving for jollifications in the next couple of days! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and look forward to catching up in the new year. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab home made DSP Yvonne. And great masking.
    The cut out flowers give the card the perfect dimension.
    I would like to be able to get an email when you post-do you not have a 'follow by e-mail'?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx