Wednesday 12 December 2012

All In a Row

I am always inspired by the fabulous cards at Less Is More, the DT there are so talented and the many entries each week are all inspiring. I keep trying to match the high standards and this week I've had another try at a one layer card. When I first started crafting these terrified me, but now I quite often make them, there is something very CAS about a one layer.  This is probably one of my most minimalist cards ever!
The theme is All in a Row, and this stamp image came to mind. I've not used it before but bought it because I have seven little adorable pet quails and I hadn't found a quail stamp before. I first masked off most of the card and stamped the Daddy quail in Versamark, heat embossing him in silver. Then I masked him off and stamped the whole image again. This time I heat embossed Mummy quail and the babies in copper.  I have added some shading with a Promarker.  I have thought and thought about a sentiment, but I think it just doesn't need one - I'll add something inside later. This is my favourite LIM card from my efforts so far.  Hope you like it too.

6 comments:

  1. adorable and so cute. I love how you have embossed them and you are right no sentiment is needed. OLC scare me but I do love them when they go right and this is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise - a brilliant CAS card, very clever stamping and embossing too - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this looks so elegant, what a lovely CAS card and your hard work masking and embossing paid off, super.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your kind comments about LIM, I'm so glad you are enjoying our challenges. This card is fabulous. What a terrific image and what a great job you have done with it!
    Love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Louise! LOVE the gorgeous metallic against all that white! Simply gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love reading them all!
Louise xx